1700 NORTH MOORE STREET SUITE 1425
ARLINGTON. VA 22209
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Wade Nelson
BASE CLOSURE COMMISSION ANNOUNCES MARCH 6TH AND 7TH HEARINGS
WASHINGTON, DC, March 2, 1995 — The Defense Base Closure and Realignment Commission will hold four hearings in Washington, DC on March 6 and March 7 as it continues its evaluation of the Defense Department’s recommendations to close and realign domestic military installations.
The hearings are:
March 6, 1995
Caucus Room 345 Cannon House Office Building
Service Secretaries present recommendations and methodology for Service selection process.
– Secretary of the Navy John Dalton
– Admiral Jeremy M. Boorda Chief of Naval Operations
– General Carl E. Mundy, Jr., Commandant of the Marine Corps
– Assistant Secretary of the Navy Robert B. Pirie, Jr. (Installations and Environment)
– Secretary of the Air Force Sheila E. Widnall
– General Ronald R. Fogleman, Chief of Staff of the Air Force
– Major General Jay D. Blume, Jr., Special Assistant to the Chief of Staff for Base Realignment and Transition
March 7, 1995
106 Dirksen Senate Office Building
Defense and Service Secretaries present recommendations and methodology for Defense Agency and Service selection process.
– Secretary of the Army Togo D. West, Jr. – General Gordon R. Sullivan, Chief of Staff of the Army
– Assistant Secretary of the Army Robert M. Walker (Installations, Logistics, and Environment)
– Brigadier General James E. Shane, Jr., Director of Management, Office of the Chief of Staff
– Major General Lawrence P. Farrell, Jr., USAF, Principal Deputy Director, Defense Logistics Agency
– Mr. John F. Donneliy, Director, Defense Investigative Service
Individuals needing special assistance should contact the Commission in advance of each event to facilitate their requirements.