Index of Exhibits
To Plaintiffs’ Reply In Support Of Their Cross-Motion for Summary Judgment and Opposition to Defendant’s Motion for Summary Judgment
1. Detroit Free Press v. Ashcroft, No. 02-1437 (6th Cir. Apr. 18, 2002)
2. INS Notice to Appear
3. Judith Miller and David Johnston, F.B.I. Chief Says Al Qaeda Aide’s Arrest Will Help Prevent Attacks by Terrorists, N.Y. Times, Apr. 4, 2002
4. Judith Miller and Philip Shenon, Qaeda Leader in U.S. Custody Provokes Alert, N.Y. Times, Apr. 20, 2002
5. Emery P. Dalesio, Tanzanian Pilot Detained in N.C., Assoc. Press, Apr. 18, 2002
6. Philip Shenon, African Held After Name Is Left In Cave, N.Y. Times, Apr. 18, 2002
7. Christopher Lawton, Giving Detainees A Voice; B’klyn protests continue, joined by labor unions, Newsday, Mar. 24, 2002
8. Maia Ramnath, Secret Detentions Take Toll On Families, IndyMedia Center, Mar. 28, 2002
9. Priya Malhotra, Immigrant groups observe solidarity day with South Asians, News India-Times, Mar. 8, 2002
10. Jennifer Morrill, Inmates Finda Voice: Protestors complain secrecy over INS detainees is "killing Constitution", Jersey J., Jan. 23, 2002.
11. Ben Fox, Three mend held in San Diego as witnesses in terrorist attack, Assoc. Press, Sept. 25, 2001.
12. Carol L. Williams, Michael Goodman, and William C. Rempel, Germany Issues Warrant for Pair Linked to Hijacker, L.A. Times, Sept. 22, 2001
13. Michelle MIttelstadt, Justice Dept. releases suspects list; gets material witness warrant, Dallas Morning News, Sept. 15, 2001
14. Ted Brindis, FBI suggests terrorist bombing plot in court papers, Assoc. Press, Mar. 26, 2002
15. Jane Fritsch, Man Charged With Lying About Radio Device In Room, N.Y. Times, Jan. 12, 2002
16. Josh Gerstein, Mystery Man Alleged Witness Expected to Testify in Chicago, ABCNews.com, Jan. 8, 2002
17. Larry Neumeister, Amtrak Detainees Ties Doubted, Assoc. Press, Dec. 12, 2001
18. Judge sets $500,000 bail for material witness in terror probe, Assoc. Press, Dec. 12, 2001
19. Seth Hettena, U.S. seeking to deport Yemeni arrested in SanDiego, N. County Times, Nov. 17, 2001
20. Don Van Natta, Jr., Hundred of Arrests, but Promising Leads Unravel, N.Y. Times, Oct. 20, 2001
21. Robyn Blummer, FBI Abuses Witness Detention, St. Petersburg Times, Oct. 14, 2001
22. Thomas C. Tobin, Ethnicity bring pair scrutiny, detention, St. Petersburg Times Online,Oct. 4, 2001.
23. Ryan Chittum, FBI Detains friend of suspected terrorist, The South End, Oct. 18, 2001
24. Ben Goad and Scott Farwell, Inland man held questioned about terror suspect, PE.com
25. Deborah Sontag, Who Is This Kafka That People Keep Monitoring, N.Y. Times, Oct. 21, 2001
26. Macarena Hernandez, Prayers Answered: Dr. Al-Hazmi details how faith aided him during his detention, San Antonio Exp. News, Sept. 30, 2001
27. Josh Gerstein, The Real 9/11 Liberties Problem, The New Republic, Apr. 22, 2002.